Outsourcing team work methodology
Contracting an outsourcing team is a much more beneficial and profitable business move, than hiring developers and analysts on staff. Outsourcers are focused on your product, they do not need any extra time to start moving, as all the internal work processes are already debugged. They quickly grasp the goals and needs of your business, formulate a strategy and create an effective product that can make you money.
How does it work? Let's clear it up by analyzing "Progress Engine".
Our team works remotely. Our processes are well-defined. Our profile is highly-loaded services, web-applications, personal accounts and native apps for Android/iOS. We have over 70 products released on the market.
Our staff basis is comprised of senior, middle-developers and product analysts. We have been active in the outsourcing development market for eight years. We solve television channels, banking and transportation systems, pharmacological and service companies' problems.
Here are the basic principles of our work:
- Freedom. We have a permanent distributed team that works under contracts. While quarantined, we all work from home, but usually eight out of 27 people are in the office at all times, the rest work remotely. Our developers and analysts live throughout Russia: from Moscow to Krasnoyarsk. We also have employees from Belarus and Armenia.
- Democratic communication ethics. We try to make all the decisions together, so team's feedback is highly welcome. The communication within the team is unformal, so as not create an artificial distance and maintain a favorable psychological climate. People tend to work more efficiently in such circumstances, they get inventive, offer unorthodox innovative solutions and give honest feedback.
- Responsibility. Remote work means – flexible schedule, we understand that everyone has different hours and productivity modes. Because of this we have clear rules: from 11:00 to 18:00 Moscow time, all our employees are in touch. Every day they track their work time and report on completed tasks. If we need to have a planning meeting, solve important or urgent issues, we call each other up.
- Openness. Our team's dispersal allows us a wider look in the search of specialists, so we can find talents in the places where many have not looked for them yet, for example, in Krasnoyarsk and Novosibirsk. Programmers from the regions are in no way inferior to those who live in capital cities, their skills and enthusiasm are just the same. We actively recruit and train interns (3-4th year students of HSE, NSU, RSUH), many of them stay with us. We are in constant cooperation with the charity fund under the "A step into the profession" program, which helps young people with disabilities find internships, mentors and enhance practical skills. We have two internships for this program in our marketing department right now.
Remote work, self-controlled time tracking – these are the trends that IT specialists have been among the first ones to master. We save resources on renting huge offices and hiring Moscow specialists – it gives advantages not only to us, but also to our customers. The project is in the hands of professionals, so you pay for quality. Stages of product creation on the outsource
What is happening to your product on its way from idea to MVP? We try to be attentive at every stage, so we start by discussing work processes.
- Configuring workflows. At the start, we appoint a project manager from our side and select a team of specialists who will work only on the customer's project. We also suggest choosing a responsible employee on the client side, who has sufficient authority to make decisions. Together with the customer, we determine the time in which we will provide each other with the necessary information, which cases need a video call, and when the messenger correspondence will be enough.
- Analytics. This stage's task for the product manager is to help the client formulate the product requirements correctly, using our own experience and the experience of our colleagues. Next, the team conducts business research: they analyze the project, your resources and capabilities, the target audience, its needs and behaviour. As a result you get a finalized concept product, monetization strategy, approximate costs of each development stage, terms of reference and the project roadmap.
- Engineering and design. Once we've pinpointed the product goals, they can be implemented in its layout. At this stage, we contact our regular partner – a design studio which we've successfully worked with for a long time. Together with them we design and create an interactive interface prototype that can roughly demonstrate you the product's structure and functionality. Everything from the basics to color solutions is negotiated with the client. When the consensus on every detail is reached, our development department gets into work.
- Development. This is the moment when your project comes to life. Developers implement the code to the project. All the buttons and forms now lead where they should – to your sales. The way we conduct our development process is focused on maximizing its effectiveness. We move in sprints of 1-2 weeks, with tasks scheduled in advance. We report our progress to the client every step of the way. After each of these development sprints is completed, we sign the acceptance certificate with the client and give them exclusive rights to the code.
- Testing. Creating a functioning app doesn't mean the work is over. It should work smoothly so as not to upset users. To assure it, our QA engineers comb through all the code in search of bugs.We use both automatic and manual testing in our work. Each method has its own areas of use and advantages. Autotests help you quickly run the application through its main functionality and identify obvious or typical errors. Manual code verification has more flexibility, it allows finding unpredictable errors that are inaccessible to the machine. After testing. When we've shown our prowess in fixing the code, a technical support agreement will be offered.
- Tech.support. The client doesn't need to hire new people and train them to work with the product, since he is always in touch with the specialists, who wrote the code. Nearly 100% customers agree to use our technical support. The error report is sent to testers who quickly solve it. It takes from 30 to 100 hours per month to support the product. The process always remains transparent and easily understandable, when you're outsourcing the work to professionals. Outsourcers take all your wishes into account, and show the expertise to make the product better.
Eager for details? Contact us, and we'll calculate the cost and time of you going digital!